10 Facts about China
Here are some incredibly fascinating facts about China:
1. China has the largest population in the world. In 2016, the population of the country exceeded 1 billion people! Of course, two years later, the population must have increased by several thousand!
2. Chinese is the most popular language in the world. This is mainly due to the large population and the large number of native Chinese speakers. 14% of people in the world can speak Chinese.
3 . China is the fourth largest country in the world, after Russia, Canada and the United States. China covers an area of 9,706,961 square kilometers. China has a large population and a large land area. Yet, it does not seem to be overpopulated or feel too crowded!
4. China has the largest army. The army has more than 2 million soldiers and the defense budget ranks second. The army has an official department of 10,000 pigeons (you read that right). In the war, Chinese soldiers replaced dogs with geese. Compared with dogs, geese have better eyesight and are more aggressive.
5. China is the homeland of all giant pandas. China is the hometown of giant pandas. If you see pandas in any other country, you know they are borrowed from China. When a giant panda is born in another country, FedEx (the American multinational express service company) will transport the cubs to China for proper care and adaptation.
6. China actually has the longest history of civilization. The country has gone through a stage of modernization and industrialization for more than 4,000 years. China slowly and quickly became an economic power.
7. The Chinese New Year Party is the most important holiday in China. Every city has become bustling with people coming in and out of the country, shopping and eating out. This is usually when people pay attention and give thanks to their friends and family. The New Year holiday lasts 15 days.
8 China implements a policy of two children per couple. Until 2015, the policy required each couple to have only one child, but it was later increased to two, resulting in a serious imbalance in the country’s male to female ratio. There are more than 32 million men than women, making it impossible for men to get married.
9. There’s currently a thriving traffic business in China! Due to traffic being a consistent occurrence within city areas! Typically, motorbikes are the preferred method of transportation due to their ease and mobility.
10. China is a multi-religious country. You can find all religions in China. However, the most popular religions in China are Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism.